3 cups heavy cream
3 cups whole milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
1 tbs cardamom bitters
1 tsp salt
8 egg yolks + 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup mandarin pistachio praline
Mandarin Pistachio Praline
1 cup salted pistachios
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup mandarin juice
1/2 tsp orange extract
Prepare an ice bath.
In a large pot on med-high heat, slowly combine cream, milk, sugar, honey, bitters, and salt until fully dissolved, then reduce by one third, this takes about 8 minutes
In separate bowl, mix egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar
Take one cup of cream mixture and slowly pour into a small bowl with the 8 egg yolks, stirring constantly. This ensures the eggs will not curdle. Pour back into cream mix.
Turn heat off and stir for 2 minutes for the egg yolks to fully cook
Strain through sieve into the ice bath bowl.
Mix with immersion blender to help chill and emulsify for 30-60 seconds.
Allow to chill to room temperature in the ice bath.
Remove from ice bath and cover with airtight lid. Chill in fridge for 4 hrs minimum, until at least 40 degrees.
Place mixture in ice cream maker and churn until desired consistency.
Remove and place immediately in freezer for 2 hours.
Mandarin Pistachio Praline:
1. In a medium sauce pan, combine sugar, mandarin juice and orange extract
2. Heat on high until boiling, stir until mix reaches 300 degrees
3. Add pistachios and mix until coated
4. Remove from heat and pour mix onto parchement paper to cool
5. Once fully cooled, break apart and add to food processor to blitz until desired consistency